2 nights ago while drifting into sleep, I felt my cot sway back and forth. I wondered if I was dreaming, but the next morning several people were talking and saying that they had also felt it. It's no wonder the Haitians almost refuse to sleep or even enter into the buildings here.
A group (H.A.R.T.) came in for the last couple of days and fitted many of our leg amputees for prosthetics. Many of them have been waiting for weeks and it was so exciting to see them walking for the first time since the earthquake. As soon as they were fitted for their new leg, a physical therapist would work with them on how to get up and down steps. These people adapt so well, and most were walking around the camp by the afternoon. Really heartwarming.
I can't believe that I only have 2 more days before I leave on Wednesday morning. Haiti is the kind of place that after you've been here a day, it feels like a million years. But when it's time to leave, you wonder how the time went so fast.
It's very late here and I'll be getting up with the sun, so I'll make this short. I'll post photos tomorrow if time allows.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment